Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pizza, Pizza, Pizza..

I've been looking for options to "speed" up the process of making pizza for the kids when we get home.  So I decided to make pizzas using tortillas (probably not an original idea but the boys loooove them) and mixing shredded mozzarella with shredded sharp cheddar (I'm still working on the whole "cows milk is white/cream colored so cheese should really be white/cream colored") for them to use and used some sauce I made at work.

The nice thing about this, besides the speed, is that I set up an area and they both get to top it with whatever they want and it becomes THEIR pizza.


This one is the large tortilla that Jonah decorated.


These are the ones that Julian and I made.


This one "daddy" got to make.

Fast, crispy and they asked me to do it again.

I'm seriously thinking of taking this to work and making "personal" pizzas this way.  I'll keep you posted on how it goes..

Listening to Driving, Driving, Driving by Kimya Dawson
http://youtu.be/1PawtbD-GQQ

4 comments:

Margary said...

Where can I get the circular pans with the holes in them?

Jose Nieves-Cortes said...

I've had these guys for a while. I think I got them at Target. Don't even bother with nonstick, just put a dab of olive oil all over the pan before using them.

As soon as I get settled, I'm going to spend the time setting up unglazed tiles in the oven so I can bake in them or maybe get a cast iron pizza pan and see how this works out.

Margary said...

Hummm... tell me more about the tiles in the oven...

Jose Nieves-Cortes said...

Ungrazed tiles from Home Depot. Measure the width and depth of your oven and buy accordingly. Set a rack in the lowest position and put the tiles in here with a little bit of oil on each one and then leave the oven on for a bit.

I like the idea of cast iron pizza pan better because you can then heat it in a burner and then move to the oven. During the summer, you can take the cast iron to an outside grill and use as needed.