Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Here we go again...

Soooo..  It's been a long while.  What's new you say?

Well, I'm not a strict vegan anymore..  I do eat some animal protein (cheese and meat) every now and then but I still concentrate on vegetables and grains.

My wife of 16 years decided that she wanted a divorce so she went about it the healthiest way possible..  Right before Thanksgiving, she went to a conference in New Orleans and 4 days into it, ended up in some guy's room ("some dude from Texas").  About a week after this, she began a healthy and beautiful relationship with a married man who has two kids while denying it and claiming that I was being paranoid.  We filed yesterday and just in case you're wondering, she is still "seeing" the married man and from what I understand, has been in communication with at least 2 other men (one of them married).

My two boys, Jonah Arturo (8) and Julian Amador (3), keep me busy and I loooove every minute I spend with them (almost every minute!!), especially their level of imagination and inquisitiveness.  Jonah is a Lego's man while Julian is a Playmobil lover through and through.  At nighttime, Jonah loves to read books to his brother and myself while Julian tries very inconspicuously to sit right next to him and hang on his every word.

This is my fourth year working as Food Service Director/Executive Chef at Evansville School District, which keeps me very busy, and I seriously need to get off of my rear-end and start two projects I've had bouncing off of my head for a while now.  I will start a school foodservice consulting business and I will write a recipe manual/book, both projects centered around the increasing hispanic/latino community in the state and the US as a whole.

Maybe I should use this forum to test out recipes and ideas for both projects?

Next post will have at least one recipe..  I promise.

1 comment:

Margary said...

I am waiting for that recipe....